background

Monday, June 8, 2015

It is official!  I am now a "Rising Star" with Stampin Up!!

A big thank you to everyone who helped me to reach this goal :-)  You all mean the world to me!!

I have set my next goal to keep up better with my Blog here, on SU I also have a Blog I just realized, and Penny's Pazazzers on Facebook.

So here is my first entry for the week.

I'm going to start showing some of the cards we have made in our classes.  Some of these will be put in the card buffet for you to make if you weren't able to make the original class.

Speaking of classes, I have a couple that are still coming up in the month of June.  I have a new product card class that will get you using some of the new products from the 2015-2016 catalog.  If you haven't gotten a new catalog yet, please let me know so I can get you one.

Class is:
Thursday June 11th - 11 - 2
Saturday June 13th - 1-4
There are still spots still open in each class.

Card Buffet: This is where you can make as many cards as you like. The fee is $10.00 for the first 4 cards and then a $1.50 for each card thereafter.  I have changed the fee and guide lines this time around.  Just want to try something different to see how it works.  You must make a minimum of 4 cards.  Dates for this are as follows:

Thursday June 25th 10 - 2
Saturday June 27th 10 -2

Spots are still open in both.

You can let me know by sending an email to pennynelsn@gmail.com.

Now for a card.  I'm going to start with the birthday cards we have made. We started using the flowers from Flower Patch and the Flower Fair Framelits, which were carried over to the new catalog :-)
This was an idea I saw on Pinetrest when I was browsing it during Sale- A -Bration time. It was done using the Irresistably Yours paper.  We took three different stamps and used a different color ink for each. Once we stamped the  image on the paper we took a sponge and moved the color out onto the paper, which by the time we had done all three colors it gave you this blended color look. The ink colors we used were Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, and Strawberry Splash.

 The flower was done in Strawberry Splash and then cut out using the matching framelit from Flower Fair framelits. The butterfly was stamped in Crushed Curry ink, and comes from Nature's Perfection stamp set. It was punched out by using the Elegant Butterfly punch.

The saying was from the Flower Patch stamp set and used Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

I hope you enjoy making this card.  Again, I'm sorry I can't remember who I got the idea from.  I know I changed the ink colors and a different butterfly to what I like to work with.

Check back tomorrow for another card.

Until then,
Penny (AKA mtnestor)

No comments:

Post a Comment